Sunday, March 20, 2011

A week needing do-overs

I've found that there are always weeks while training that kick my butt, and this was one of them.  I didn't get all my workouts in, heck, I didn't even make it into the pool, I didn't lift any weights, and I didn't get to stretch it all out with yoga.  I felt as though everything was working against me this week.
Monday: Had to start out as a rest day since I had work until 9:30p.m.  Once I finally made it home it took me until midnight to fall asleep to I opted to skip morning weights.

It is this day along with rain that threw me off entirely.
I tracked on tuesday, but I missed the lululemon run because of 5 accidents due to idiots and rain.

Wednesday I couldn't bring myself to hit the pool so I ran 4 easy and spent 95 minutes on the bike.  I felt pretty good doing both, but I still felt disappointed with myself for not hitting the pool.

Thursday I did the 5a.m wake up call to spend 80 minutes on the spin bike including my favorite HILL REPEATS!  I meant to hit the gym a second time but between exhaustion and St. Paddy's day festivities I opted for a much needed drink.

Friday I rested, I didn't have anything in me and the rain kept me entirely unmotivated.  I ended up taking a 3 hour nap and still managed to sleep like a baby through the night.  I'm pretty sure I needed this.

Saturday my mom came to town and with the rain I only got in 1 hour of spinning, but it was better than nothing

Sunday I'm pleased to say I got all my running miles/minutes in throughout the week, but this was my only real accomplishment.  I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not pushing harder and I know I'll have to be on the ball this week and the rest of the coming month so I'm sure to be ready for Wildflower.  I'm doing some extra planning today in the hopes that my plans for the week will work out, but with Trojan Olympics this week I'll have 2 late nights at work.

I'm thinking training for a tri during this busy time of year wasn't the best idea, but I'm going to try my hardest to push myself and keep motivated.  All is not lost with 1 week!

No comments:

Post a Comment