Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back to the Grind

I haven't really managed to write much because the school year has officially begun, heck, it is already 2 going on 3 weeks deep.  Transitioning to a new group of students is always difficult and often leaves me with nightmares.  However, after 6 years of in school experience (4 of them teaching in my own classroom) I actually transitioned fairly well into this school year and I don't recall the same night terrors of years past.  I'm onto my fifth year as a high school teacher and working my way through memorizing 180 names and praying that 39 students is going to be my largest class.  Although I'm never a fan of work in general I do enjoy my job, plus there is always something new and interesting happening, even if I'm not too happy with what qualifies as "interesting."

This is the first year I've really planned my training so that it starts around the beginning of the school year.  Usually, I plan races for a bit later because exhaustion overwhelms me the first couple weeks as I get back into the routine of talking and walking all day, which is probably why I've had a few more rest days lately than I would normally have.  I am 12 weeks away from CIM and right now I've been sticking around 30 miles a week, but I'll be growing my milege and hopefully increasing my crosstraining in the next couple of weeks as my energy returns.

Oh and one more thing has been taking up my time...2 new kittens!

No comments:

Post a Comment