Thursday, August 4, 2011

Going Sock less...

So I am a flat footed over pronator, which basically means all the shoes I wear are in the category of MOTION CONTROL, this severely limits my options.  However, I decided that socks were just taking too much transition time and since I'd already bought some tri shoes I figured it was time to go sock less in the running department.  Unfortunately, motion control aren't available in materials that make it easy to run without socks.  This meant I had to take my chances with STABILITY shoes!  The idea scared me and made me bite my nails, but I figured I'll just start out slow and I can return them if I have any problems.  I took the plunge and purchased my first pair of ZOOT Ultra tempo 4.0 shoes...
Aren't they pretty?  I can tell you that the shoes I usually have to buy never manage to be in a color that I like and always look chunky and ugly, but I loved the look of these and prayed that they fit.  I've taken them out on the track and raced them in a triathlon and I've had no blister complaints (although I still use anti-chafe just in case).  They are easy to slide on and my narrow heels don't slip out the back!  The best part about them is that it is getting close to the end of tri season so they are ON SALE!  I did make sure to purchase some super feet insoles for the shoes to give me some added support, but overall I'm very pleased with this purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I love going sockless in my Asic Tri shoes... A friend of mine swears by the Zoots you picked out.
    I am all about cutting time in the Tri's and I think you will continue to be happy with this decision.

    :) Happy Runny
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete