Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Devirginizing my bike

I'm the midget on the far left
I've been away from my blog for a while because I went out of town to watch 2 stages of the tour of cali. (posts with pictures to come soon), but I am excited to report that upon my arrival back my brand new Mondone was ready for a pick-up and fitting! Yay! I was so excited I think I started speeding a little.

Yesterday I took her out for her first ride, up Mt. D with fellow members of the forward motion team.  She rode super smooth and it was easy to feel the 5 pounds I had just dropped.  I pushed it as hard as I could up to the junction and then used the last bit of gas I had to make it to Juniper (2.25 miles past the junction).  She held up great the whole way.

if you ever find yourself wanting to take your bike out on a Tuesday, come on over to the Danville Train Depot and head out with the group, there are people of all abilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment